Wednesday 13 April 2011

Review: 17 Photo Flawless Primer

Review: 17 Photo Flawless Primer

Review on the 17 Photo Flawless Primer, which can be found at Boots. It is part of 17's new photo flawless collection, which includes, a primer, foundation, mascara and an eyeliner. The primer retails at £4.99.
The Primer claims to be easy to use and effortlessly blendable, it is designed to apply before foundation to smooth your skin and assist the application of your bases, leaving skin even and fresh all day long.

I have had this Primer for around 6 months and apply it every single time i apply makeup. The 15ml has certainly lasted well, especially as i am no where near finished!
When i first saw how cheap it was, i originally thought, will it be any good, seeing as high end ones would be up to 6 times more expensive, and there for better? Well, now i have given it a proper review i do beleive it is worth the money. As i said before i have been using mine for about 6months everyday and in the packaging it still feels very full - no dents or thin bits :) So if you are looking for a good cheap primer then this is for you.

When applied, the skin feels a senscation, almost as if it is warming up, however skin then cools down and the face feels very moistrised and re-freshed. I even think i could go out the house with out wearing any foundation just using that!!! I mean thats a big step for me! Once i have applied the primer with my hands i then apply my concealer and fondation, seriously they actually glide on, and it is so much easier to blend and contuer. After applying my foundation and concealer i then apply powder, blusher etc but i dont get much of a differnce. It does a good job of hiding big pores I have on my cheeks and does even make-up out. This is an amazing product for you if you have oily to combination skin becuase you will see at differnce!

The packaging is great too, it holds 15ml, and i only use a pea sized amount everytime i use it so it will last me ages :) Yes ok packagind - i love it, it looks very highend and proffessional, becuase it is black very sleek and sophisticated. The last thing i would like to talk about it the consistancy. Ok so the primer is a clear gel substance, i personally like this better than primers which are coloured. My reasoning for this is becuase the colored primer could be to dark or light for you bt clear gel primer blends easily and matches your skin colour and type.

The only thing I would really say is I have some quite dry patches on my skin and it seems to make my make-up stick to these and make them look worse it is not moisturizing enough for my liking but maybe that is just my skin!So yeah not a great product for dry skin, but becuase i only have dry skin sometimes its ok! As this is the "photo flawless" range when filming and taking pictures i havent seen mch of a difference, apart from i think my skin looks lighter. But you can still see imperfections if there not covered with makeup! Ok so now on to it beeing a primer - well my makeup would usally stay on for about 5 hours and with the primer it only really stays on for about 6 hours so theres not much of a difference. Thats the big bummer! It might just be me but if you decide to purchase this primer i hope it works out for you.

Yes, the brand 17 is cheep, which may put you off, however it is certainly worth the money and the quality is as good/better than a high end product! Happy Shopping x

No comments:

Post a Comment